Thursday, November 27, 2008

Just in case...

Since Thanksgiving is notoriously busy for everyone in America (and some American transplants living in other countries) I thought I'd take a few moments to run down my list of gratitudes tonight.

  • My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm no southern bible thumper here, but I give credit where credit is due. AND if you'd known me years ago you would have to believe in miracles, too!

  • My sweet (sometimes) babies - my son and daughter. What a blessing they have been to me! Even when they completely disobey me, forget to do their share of the chores, or spend days with my mother instead of coming home to me; I still love them...

  • My wonderful neighbors. I've met some fascinating people this year, most right here in my neighborhood. I'm thankful that I have neighbors who want to get to know each other, share talents together and who aren't afraid to lend a helping hand. What a world we would have if everyone lived this way!

  • My mommy. Yes, I said mommy and I'm over 12. She will always be my mommy because I just love her like that. My experience is that when you add an "ie" or "y" to someones name you truly adore them.

I hope and pray that all of you have fabulous holidays, whatever you celebrate, and that you find many things in your lives to be thankful for this year and all of the years to come.

No comments: