Friday, December 5, 2008

Thought for the day...

This saying has been stuck in my head for the past several days. (It woke me up 2 nights ago.) It's the strangest thing, because I haven't heard anyone say it in such a long time. I'm not sure why it keeps running through my mind. But, I'll share it with you.





"There's no use crying over spilled milk."



See, I told you it was strange. No, I haven't been severely disappointed in anything life has brought me lately. No, for you dream analyst, I didn't have an odd dream that corresponded with this thought. Just, quite simply, the thought.

I am one of those people that over-analyze everything. Therefore, the saying has been broken down, hashed and mashed by my brain for 2 days. Here's what I arrived at:


  • You CAN cry over the spilled milk, but you still won't have any milk in your glass.


  • Even after you cry about it, you'll still have to clean up the mess. Someone else can clean it up for you initially, but, eventually, you'll end up dealing with the same mess over again. So, you may as well clean it up yourself the first time!


  • If you clean up the spilled milk, you can't reuse it. The milk will just be dirty and undrinkable. You'd be better off with a new glassful of milk.

  • Crying about it would simply waste valuable time. After you'd cried, you would still need to clean up the mess. You'd end up out of the time to cry AND the time used to clean it up. It's better to cut your losses and only be out the clean-up time.


Moral - If you spill your milk, which inevitably happens, clean it up and move on.

No comments: