Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Job Search...

Just thought I'd let you know how the search is going thus far. This morning I sent out 3 resumes. 2 are for jobs that I saw this past weekend on Craigslist and the other was a recent listing in our paper.

I considered sending out the resumes Monday morning but, thought that Monday is ALWAYS a busy day for applications. Perhaps waiting until Wednesday may garner some time for an extra look at mine...


Job Prospect 1 - Helping Developmentally Disabled youth to learn and master new skills over the summer, possibly extending into the fall.

This would fit right in line with my continued desire to serve, while providing an income. Double stars in my book!


Job Prospect 2 - Working in a local church office, elsewhere in the community, maintaining records alongside a large staff.

It fits into the working for a non-profit category. Not so great on the having a direct effect on peoples lives. One star.


Job Prospect 3 - Delivering ordered supplies to inmates in the local jail.

Definitely something I hadn't thought of before. It's serving the community and assisting at-risk people. Although my influence on these people would be limited, multitudes can be said with a smile. Double stars!


Just after applying for these positions my dear Mother called to ask for my e-mail address (she was at work.) Mom works at her church office, part-time. ( I think this helps offset the expense for the sock fetish...) She announced that she had just received a posting for part-time help at a local church of the same denomination. The kicker - this church is 6 blocks from my home! Woohoo! This gets four stars - I can walk to work, serving MY very own community, for a non-profit, and get paid. I don't think life could be any better than that!

I'm thinking that since this was an inner-office type posting that I will be one of the first to apply. Definitely a good thing!

Ya'll keep your fingers crossed for me, PLEASE...

5 comments:

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I hope the right job is the one you get! Best of luck to you! But, wow. How great would that be to be able to walk to work?

Splendid Little Stars said...

Lucky you to have prospects you like, and more than one. My the best job get YOU!

Thumperdd said...

Thanks guys! I love the thought of walking to work. Healthy for me AND the earth - perfect!

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on the process. No phone calls yet...


Danita

Thomas said...

Hey Hey Hey - what's with the stars. Are you applying human constructs upon God's plans.

Too Funny. Stars? There are no stars, Faith, or have no Faith.

I have no idea where that came fun but it struck me funny and made me giggle.

What about Benefits? don't you need those? just sayin...

Woo hoo, but look are you gettin all jazzed. Tell us about your resume and 2 of your strongest assests on that resume. I want to read about that.

idicin - In psychology, the "id" is the part of your personality that demands your personal needs be met. idicin - is in development. idicin is being designed as a medicinal food teleporter like seen on Star Trek for requesting food. But idicin will come in pill format and is individually designed to meet any personal need on demand. idicin by Pfizzer, pre-order today.

Thumperdd said...

Thomas,

You're a hoot. Yes, I used tacky stars to rate God's placement of things in my life. Hey, He's the one that put the stars in the sky!

My strong suits...I'll tackle that tomorrow. It'll give you something to look forward to.

Danita