Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thought for the day...

"Miracles are all around you. You just need to open yourself to receive them."

by M J Ryan, author of the Happiness Makeover


I used to keep this quote posted by my desk at work. The thought is simplistic, yet profound. How many times have you missed something because you closed yourself off?


Personally, I think I missed out on half of my teen years because I was waiting for something really fabulous to happen. What I failed to realize is that miracles were happening all around me. I was just too caught up in fancy and flashy to notice. I thought miracles came with fireworks and thunderous applause. The truth is that miracles come quietly, in the depth of night, on the whisper of the wind, they sneak up and catch you unawares...but only if you're open to receive them...


In this new year make a conscious decision to witness things like a child - everything fresh and new. You'll be amazed at what you find!


Here's a link for M.J.'s website, if you're interested. She has some great books on gratitude, as well. -




And a link to recieve her daily inspirational e-mails -

No comments: