Sunday, March 29, 2009

And they're off...



My Saturday had happy and sad moments.

The happy moments included the time spent with my son, Caleb, playing Trivial Pursuit and time spent volunteering alongside my Mommy this morning at her church. They had their Annual Spring Bake Sale and Mom always invites me to help tally sales of Homemade Chicken Pies. Mom is terrible with math so I get to handle a part of that job. Today she stayed with me during the busiest times. I treasure time with my Mom but even more so as we age.

Shortly after we finished up at the bake sale, Mom and my daughter, Angel, finished packing for their trip. They're off to Germany and the Czech Republic for spring break. Angel has taken German for 4 years in high school and, being a senior, this will be her last big trip with school.


This trip is Angel's second to Germany and out of the country. This marks Mom inaugural trip off of the North American continent. She made a trip to Niagara Falls, Canada this past summer with Caleb, otherwise Mom's never been outside of the USA.



Both could hardly wait to get started. However, Caleb and I were missing them long before we arrived at the airport. (Sniffle, sniffle.)

Mommy and Angelly Pooh


Maybe the smile is on the inside!

Hmmm...now that I think about it, this may be a happy moment. My Mom hates to have her picture taken and I got her three times today...aren't I awful? Kids, what can you do with them?


Other photos were garnered from various travel websites.

No comments: