Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday's with Erma


So this week I've decided to begin a regular, weekly posting of snippets from one of my favorite author's from the 70's. No confusion now - I'm a child of the late 70's, and the only reason I know of this funny lady's work is due purely to thrift shop finds... Ya'll know that I LOVE the thrift shop!


Her writings are generally short & to the point. Although a few are more wordy. All I find humorous, mostly because I know the feeling!


When you're reading these notions, try to read through the eyes of someone that lived in the 60's & 70's as an adult; that will add even more humor to the subjects!


Take it away, Erma!


"I have always said if the Good Lord had meant for me to speak in the mornings,

He'd have put a recording in my chest & a string in the back of my neck."


Erma Bombeck

No comments: