Thursday, May 7, 2009

Job search update...

A few weeks ago I posted about being on the lookout for a part-time job. I mentioned 4 places that I'd applied to and promised to keep you all updated on the progress. This is what I've heard thus far -

Job 1 e-mailed me 2 days later to request more information and that I resend my resume and cover letter, even though I'd already sent it...a little odd, but off it went with the new info. I haven't heard back since then and only have a generic "jobs" e-mail address with no further info. for contacts.

Job 2 hasn't responded in any form.

Job 3 e-mailed me Monday to say that they'd hired someone and appreciated the application.

Job 4 called yesterday afternoon to schedule an interview for today at 7:50pm (odd time, but it's an interview during a church meeting...)

I submitted another resume Monday for another church secretary position that would require 20-30 hours a week and would include a 15-20 minute commute. We'll call this one Job 5. Hehehe, I didn't want to ruin the pattern! :-)

I'm sooooo very excited about the prospect of number 4. It was the opening that I rated with 4 stars and would probably fit my schedule and needs the best, while fulfilling all of monetary and self-inflicted servitude requirements. I'd be appreciative of any and all thoughts and prayers you could spare!

I'll let you know how it works out...

2 comments:

Evy said...

I hope you get Job #4, then! I believe it's extremely important that one likes their job, otherwise it's more of a burden than anything else. Good luck!

Thomas said...

And a week later - do we know anything about job #4?


milenin - When you are determined not to walk a mile.